Basic Policy regarding the Protection of Personal Information
Protection of personal information
GREE, Inc. (“the Company”) recognizes the importance of personal information, views the complete protection of personal information as its social responsibility, and promises to comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, other relevant laws and regulations, guidelines, and the like, and to properly handle the personal information collected from the customers who use the Company’s services and the Company App in accordance with this Policy.
Handling of Personal Information
Collection for Company’s services
Collection for Company’s corporate operations
To manage Company's corporate operations, the Company will collect the personal information regarding contact such as name, email address, address, telephone number for Company's stockholder management, commercial transaction, response to inquiries, public relations, and human-affairs procedure. In these cases, the Company collect the personal information through lawful and fair means.
Purpose of use
Purpose of use for Company’s services
Purpose of use for Company’s corporate operations
The Company will only use the collected personal information for Company's business administration, internal management, stockholder management, commercial transaction, analysis and improvement of our business activities, announcement of our services or events, response to inquiries, contact for our services, public relations, and human-affairs procedure.
The Company will not use for any other purpose without the customer’s consent or in the absence of any law or regulation to the contrary.
Appointment of administrator and creation of internal rules
The Company has appointed a personal information protection administrator as the person responsible for the administration of the personal information. The Company has also created internal rules regarding the protection of personal information and is ensuring the proper handling of personal information.
Information security measures
The Company restricts access to personal information for the purpose of preventing personal information from being leaked, destroyed, or damaged or for any other safety management purpose. The Company also provides training regarding the handling of personal information for its officers and employees who handle personal information.
Destruction of information
When the Company reasonably determines that the collected personal information is unnecessary for the business operation of the Company’s services or upon the expiration of the individually specified retention period, the Company will dispose the personal information in its possession.
Provision to Third Parties
Disclosure to third parties
In the following cases, the Company may disclose personal information to third parties:
- The Company outsources work to a third party to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- The Company performs a merger, corporate spin-off, transfer of business, or disposes all or some of the Company’s business, assets, or stock (including cases where it is performed in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- The Company requests the customer’s consent for the disclosure and the customer gives such consent
However, with regard to any information that has been statistically processed so that individual customers cannot be identified, the Company may use such information for purposes other than those listed above.
Disclosure at the request of a government body, local government, public agency, or the like
In the following cases, the Company may disclose personal information to a public agency or the like:
- Pursuant to laws and regulations (including any laws and regulations outside of the country of residence of the party that will be providing the information)
- Disclosure is necessary to protect a person’s life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- It is particularly necessary to improve public health or to promote the healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- There is a need to cooperate with the performance of administrative work provided for by law or regulation by a national government body, local government, or a contractor for such body, and obtaining the customer’s consent may interfere with the performance of such administrative work
The Company may use the provided personal information of suppliers, etc. jointly with GREE, Inc. and its group companies and Moguna, Inc.
1. Items of personal information used jointly
- Street address
- phone number
- mail address
- Transfer account information
2. Scope of shared users
- GREE, Inc. and its group companies and Moguna, Inc.
- About the latest situation such as the name of company included in the range of joint use of GREE, Inc., please visit this website
3. Purpose of jointly using personal information
- For trading partner management
4. Person in charge of managing personal information to be shared
- GREE, Inc.
Information collection module
- Google LLC.「Google Analytics」
(To analyze the access for the company’s corporate website)
Cookie is a mechanism that stores a small file in the user's browser from a website where you access. For example, when a user visit the website again, a unique ID on the Cookie file make user identifiable, so that switching the contents of website or advertisement is possible by browser (user).
Users can refuse collection by disabling cookies, so please check the settings of your browser.
Personal Information Inquiry Desk
Request for disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, etc.
If you or your agent makes a request to disclose, correct, delete, or suspend the use of your personal information, the Company will comply with such request without delay to the extent possible in accordance with laws and regulations. With regard to such requests, please contact at Contact Form. Please note, however, that if any personal information required to provide the Company’s services is corrected, deleted, or suspended from use, there may be cases where you will not be able to use all or part of the Company’s services.
If you wish to make an inquiry, to discuss, or to file a complaint with regard to the handling of personal information in connection with the Company’s services, please contact at Contact Form.
Name of accredited personal information protection organization and application for complaint resolution
The company is registered as a target business entity of the following accredited personal information protection organization.
- Name of accredited personal information protection organization
General Incorporated Association Mobile Content Forum (abbreviation: MCF)
- Application for resolution of complaint
Accredited personal information protection organization
- Street address: 150-0013 3rd Ito Bldg. 603, 4-4-5, Shibuya Ward, Tokyo
- Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: November 16, 2020